8 yrs & up (6 yrs with help)
Step right up and try your luck! Do you have what it takes to grab a claw-full of candy with the Candy Claw Machine? Experiment to develop your motor skills and engineering chops to conquer this awesome STEM challenge!
Build a working model of the classic claw machine. Cranks, gears, and belts move the claw arm left and right, and forward and back. Hydraulic levers move the arm up and down, and open and close the claw. A spring-loaded trap door shoots the collected candy out at you if you manage to succeed!
- No batteries or electricity are required! It uses the power of your hand and the mechanical mechanisms built into the device.
- Choose from three different claw shapes (cool nerdy roboticists call these “end effectors”) and find the one that works best to pick up a particular candy or prize.
- Learn how the gears, levers, belt, screws, hydraulics, linkages, cranks, and claws all work together to pick up, move, and drop prizes.
- Experiment with different gear ratios to speed up or power up your claw.
- Packed with 6 lollipops (Saf-T-Pops) and decoys (fake candy boxes), you can also fill it with whatever small candies, toys, or other small objects you like.
- The game itself is great for honing dexterity skills and hand-eye coordination.
- An innovative take on a robotic arm with something really worth grabbing!
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.