12 yrs & up
A Paint By Number Kit that celebrates local landmarks: The St. Louis Arch and the Old Courthouse.
- Canvas size: 16 x 24
- Difficulty level: Medium
- Pre-printed rolled canvas
- Color photo reference
- 24 numbered acrylic paints
Paint by Number kits are a great way to relax and enjoy an artistic experience. They’re also an easy way to build brush skills and confidence. After a few kits, you’ll be ready to create your own original artwork!
- Cover your work area with newspaper or an old tablecloth.
- Wear comfy clothes that you don’t mind getting stained or paint dripped (acrylic paint can be hard to wash out).
- Change your rinse water frequently to keep your colors bright and clean.
- Keep paper towels handy.
- For right handers, start at the top left, Lefties should start at the top right.
- Work diagonally across the canvas (top left to bottom right / top right to bottom left)
- Work on the largest color blocks in an area first, then add the smaller and more detailed areas.
- If you overpaint an outline, just paint the right color over it.
- It may take a couple of layers to cover the numbers completely, especially with light colors.
- Most of all, relax and enjoy!