8 yrs & up (6 yrs with help)
Set the planets in motion with a flick of your wrist!
Build a mechanical model of the solar system that includes the sun and eight planets (also known as an orrery). Wind it up, and watch the planets revolve around the sun.
This complex machine is assembled with snap-together plastic parts. While building, you’re also learning how gears and a wind-up mechanism work together to create motion.
- Discover how a special type of gear called a planetary gear is used to simulate the mesmerizing motion of the solar system.
- Learn about the order of the planets, their relative sizes, their rates of revolution around the sun, their appearance, and other planetary facts.
- Bonus: There’s a built-in expansion slot in case the mysterious Planet Nine is discovered!
- The solar system model will be 14” in diameter when you’re done.
- Full-color step-by-step illustrated assembly instructions.
- No batteries required
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.